Primary Mission: Aerial Fire Fighting
Operator: 10 Tanker Air Carrier, LLC
Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas DC-10
Engines: General Electric CF6
Certification Basis: U.S. FAA STC;
Standard Certification of Airworthiness, FAR 36 Stage III
Drop Tank Capacity: 11,600 U.S. Gallons 44,080 Liters
Drop Rate: Variable – Cockpit Controlled
Typical Drop Speed / Altitude:
140-150 KTS. / 200-500 FT. A.G.L.
Coverage Level: 1-8
Operational Range: 500 N.M. Radius
@ 310 KTS. CAS
Refill Time: 10-20 minutes
Ferry Range: 3000 N.M.
Suppliers / Participants
A/C Maintenance Program – Boeing
Engine Support – General Electric
Tank System – Erickson Air-Crane
Certification – U.S. FAA ACO-LGB; NIFC, IAB
Engineering – Aircraft Technical Service, Inc.
Tank Manufacturing – Jordan Aircraft Services, Inc.
Tank Installation – Victorville Aerospace, LLC
Support – Southern California Logistics Airport (VCV)
Machining – Aeroshear Aviation Services, Inc.
Test Support – Victorville Fire Dept.
Paint – Leading Edge Aviation Services
- Today, we announced our plans to base future operations out of Casper, WY. This fantastic operational environment... fb.me/2raOfuAFY 1 week ago
- We are very excited to announce that 10 Tanker has been awarded an exclusive use contract with the U.S. Forest... fb.me/18q5KER54 2 weeks ago
- kmir6.com/news/toprotato… 2 weeks ago
- Feature photos and video: Air tanker company tours regional fire bases fb.me/1uR8ycMmG 4 weeks ago
- Tanker 910 at Rapid City | Wildfire Today fb.me/1OXUvnSTU 4 weeks ago