10 Tanker Air Carrier is an aerial firefighting company that operates DC10 aircraft modified to disperse fire retardant to control forest fires. The company operates and maintains its aircraft under FAR parts 91, 137, and 145. The Controller Is responsible for Overseeing the Accounting, Finance Department. Credentialing Requirements: Active CPA License
Reports to: CFO
Please submit resume to:
· Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
· Manage outsourced functions.
· Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
· Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
· Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
· Process payroll in a timely manner
· Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed.
· Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
· Maintain the chart of accounts
· Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
· Issue timely and complete financial statements
· Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
· Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
· Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
· Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to mgmt.
· Provide for a system of management cost reports.
· Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
· Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
· Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
The controller candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
· Must work well under pressure and be able to meets deadlines.
· Must be dependable and self-motivated.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills..
· Collaborative and must work well with a diverse group of people.
Primarily in an office environment. Some travel may be required. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
All accounting staff.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and E-verify.
Compensation negotiable depending on experience, education, and credentials. Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, Employer Paid Life Insurance & 401k, offered after 60 days of employment.